- Replica Oldham RLFC kit and match-day programmes will be on sale before the game between 2.00pm and 2.50pm from the small hut close to the Bower Fold social club. Priced at £2, you get 24 full-colour pages in your programme, which has comments by Chris Hamilton and Scott Naylor, 2016 player statistics to date, a look at Swinton, a Down Memory Lane article by the Oldham RL Heritage Trust, other club and player news, info about ORSA’s big day at the Workington game and fantastic pictures by our club photographer Dave Murgatroyd of players and other images from the Roughyeds scene.
- Talking of ORSA’s big day, why not take the opportunity at the Swinton game to speak to John McAndrew or John Hulbert, who can usually be found in the vicinity of main reception. In short, ORSA will be putting on one of their famous “fabulous” buffets at the Workington game on July 24. Price is £10 for season-ticket holders and £25, including a seat in the stand if required, for others. Also included is tea or coffee at half-time, access to a private bar, and pre and post-match interviews with Chris Hamilton n, Roger Halstead, Scott Naylor etc. Incidentally, who was in the hospitality suite at the Whitehaven game ? To find out, get a programme at the Swinton game and you might see some old, familiar faces.
- Swinton have conceded more points –691 — than every other club in the KP Championship. They have won only two of their last eight games. Championship fixtures this weekend are as follows: OLDHAM v Swinton Lions; Batley Bulldogs v Featherstone Rovers; Bradford Bulls v Whitehaven; Leigh Centurions v Halifax; London Broncos v Sheffield Eagles; Workington Town v Dewsbury Rams.
- Finally, news from the dressing room —- Gary Middlehurst, out for a few weeks with a broken finger, has targeted the Workington game as the one in which he will hopefully make his long-awaited return.
News updates by email
Receive all the latest club announcements, news and match updates by subscribing to our newsletter.
New subscribers will receive an email asking for subscription confirmation.
Once confirmed, each email from the newsletter will allow subscribers to edit their delivery preferences.
* Subscriber details will only be retained for the purpose of delivering the newsletter. Completion of this form implies agreement.