What is ORSA? - The Oldham Roughyeds Supporters Association, is the official but independently run supporters club of Oldham RLFC and is fully accountable to its members.
Who is involved? - ORSA is run by a group of fans who are fully committed to their support of Oldham RLFC, in particular the requirements of the coaching and playing staff. Although it is a small organisation, it does make a significant contribution to their requirements. The voluntary committee is made up as follows:
Chairperson: John McAndrew;
Secretary: Grant Somerville; Treasurer: Sheila Somerville
They are supported by a small group of members who attend the meetings and decisions are made by the consensus of the whole group. However, since Covid-19 hit our lives, meetings have been suspended, so all interaction has been by email/phone contact, in order to maintain any matters to be dealt with.
How does ORSA raise funds? - Funds are achieved by annual memberships of £10 per person; donations; quiz nights; match day raffles and name cards; via online shopping with the Easyfundraising organisation (please see the separate sub-heading for this scheme).
How are ORSA funds used? - All funds are held in a dedicated ORSA bank account and are used in various ways, throughout the season. Ahead of the 2021 season, ORSA has:
- has agreed to continue their funding of some of the squad’s nutritional requirements;
- has made a donation to the club, to assist with the initial costs of essential equipment, made necessary under the Covd-19 protocol requirements;
- funded items of new equipment for the squad: tackle shields, water bottles/carriers and various other items.
As the season progresses, ORSA’s budget will be carefully monitored and used in ways that are deemed appropriate.
How Can You Help?
- Join ORSA for an annual fee of £10 (year commences 1st October)
- Donate money or raffle prizes
- Support match day fund raising activities
- Sign up with the Easyfundraising scheme, if you shop online
For further details, please speak to any ORSA representative on match day or contact the Secretary, Grant Somerville. Tel: 01706 844810 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ORSA is on Twitter: @RoughyedSupport
MANY THANKS TO MEMBERS AND THE FANS IN GENERAL, FOR THEIR CONTINUED SUPPORT.