ATTENDING MATCHES AT BOWER FOLD, STALYBRIDGE
- We are delighted that a limited number of home fans are once again entitled to attend OLDHAM RLFC matches. We have changed our operating practices to ensure that we comply with Government and RFL guidance and regulations.
- This guide is intended to advise you of those changes and also provide you with other information that you need to know in advance of attending any match at Oldham RLFC.
- As you will appreciate the situation in relation to Covid-19 is constantly evolving we will seek to keep you updated as to any changes to our operating practices via the Club website and social media.
- Whilst this guide relates to matches at OLDHAM RLFC, the restriction on only home fans attending matches is a Government requirement across all grounds. Fans of OLDHAM RLFC are therefore not entitled to attend our away matches. Whilst we understand how keen you will be to do so, it is imperative that you comply with this prohibition to demonstrate how responsible our fans are and therefore support the return to being able to attend all matches in the near future.
PURCHASING A MATCH TICKET
- Only spectators with valid match tickets bought in advance of the match, may attend matches. Strictly no tickets or admittance will be permitted at the turnstiles on the day, entry will be refused.
- Spectators will be able to purchase match tickets from roughyeds.co.uk/tickets up until one hour before kick off in order that the ground can prepare accordingly.
- Spectators will only be able to purchase match tickets as individuals unless a group booking is made by individuals from the same household or the same social bubble as per Government guidance. This is to ensure appropriate Social Distancing at the ground.
- Prior to purchasing tickets, you will be asked to:
- ensure that you have read the Spectator Code of Behaviour.
- ensure that you considered the associated risks of attending a match and your own vulnerability status via the following links:
- provide accurate contact information for everyone attending in your group to assist with NHS test and trace requirements, (you will be prompted)
- ‘opt in’ to confirm that you understand all of the above statements and will abide by all requirements
- confirm you will abide by all other requirements the Club may set out in advance of the match including but not limited to [temperature checking and the use of face coverings]
- Seats will be allocated with a distance of 1 seat between separate bookings to seek to ensure compliance with Social Distancing Guidelines. For Standing areas, spectators will still be required to ensure Social Distancing which will be managed by the Club by the allocation of a fixed position of 1 person per square meter as per guidance in SG02 guidelines.
- When purchasing a match ticket, spectators will be asked how they are travelling to the match to assist the Clubs planning with local transport providers about the likely impact on services and to assess their own available services such as parking spaces.
- When purchasing a match ticket this can only be for home games
- Upon purchasing a match ticket, the Club will send electronic confirmation by email to the address provided , and you agree that you will be abide the Spectator Code of Behaviour and have confirmed you are aware of the associated risks of attending a match.
- Spectators with disabilities when purchasing match tickets should contact the Club ticket office (email firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss what adjustments may be required to be made by the Club, including in light of Covid-19 regulation.
SERVICES AVAILABLE/RESTRICTIONS TO SPECTATORS
- Food and beverage kiosks will not be open on match days.
- All financial transactions will be contactless.
- Toilet and first aid facilities will be open, Toilets will open in each open stand area and first aid staff will be on duty.
- Spectators may bring food and soft drinks in a sealed container; bags should be no larger than a standard carrier bag.
- Hand sanitisation stations will be positioned at each open turnstile and each toilet area.
- Face coverings will be mandated at all times whilst within the ground both indoors and outdoors: the latter is due to the higher risk of transmission associated with singing and shouting. Your compliance is appreciated and is vital, the wearing of the facemasks is instrumental in maximising the numbers of spectators that are allowed to attend. Non compliance will require a reduction in capacity, please help the club by complying with this request.
- Absolutely no smoking or use of electronic cigarettes is permitted within the ground. The club does not operate a pass out system to allow people to leave to smoke and then re-enter.
- Those spectators that may have mobility issues on the steps of each stand are invited to purchase a ticket for the disabled spectator viewing area, stewards are unfortunately restricted from physically helping spectators to move around the ground.
JOURNEY TO THE STADIUM
- Oldham RLFC encourages all spectators to avoid crowded areas, specifically those that are indoors to reduce the risk of infection and encourage all spectators to come directly from home to the ground.
- Oldham RLFC advises all spectators to avoid public transport where possible. Where unavoidable spectators should ensure they are compliant with government guidance such as face coverings.
- Where spectators use public transport, please note the available options. Take the 409 from Oldham, King Street, to Ashton-under-Lyne then take number 348 to Stalybridge. The ground is a 20 minute walk from the bus station.
- Where spectators travel by car, please note the routes to the stadium.
- Where spectators travel foot or bicycle, please note the routes to the stadium. Please note that we do not have facilities to manage bicycle parking or security at the ground.
DAY OF THE MATCH
Spectators will receive a message on the day of the match and there will be a message on roughyeds.co.uk to remind of risks associated with attending and to consider any symptoms they may have before travelling.
In accordance with the Spectator Code of Conduct, spectators should not attend the match if they (or any member of their household) are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature (37.8 of higher); or
- a new onset of a continuous cough; or
- loss of or change in normal sense of taste or smell
In addition, and again outlined within the Spectators Code of Conduct, spectators should not attend if they have been requested to isolate by NHS Track and Trace.
ARRIVAL AND EXITING THE GROUND
- Entrance and exit times will be controlled so that everyone can enter and exit in a controlled and safe manner.
- Spectators should arrive by and exit at the specified time stated by the Club for the area of the stadium they are seated/standing in, the club will publicise the times for each area of the ground on their website and social media platforms. Your assistance in the matter is vital to ensure that everyone can arrive and depart in a covid secure manner.
- The Club is using all required entrances and exits in relation to match tickets. Details for the appropriate entrance and exits will be published on the website and via social media platforms.
- Appropriate entrances are to be used with respect of emergency access subject to the area access is required.
- Spectators may be subject to temperature checking, if a spectator’s temperature is over 37.8, they may be refused access to the ground.
- Spectators are asked to limit the number of bags they bring to the ground to avoid the build-up of queues in this area’.
- Please remember that there must be no waiting outside the stadium.
INSIDE THE GROUND
- Spectators shall remain within their seats or allocated spaces at all times unless accessing the facilities.
- Spectators are required to follow all Social Distancing guidelines, reduced to 1m with wearing of face coverings in all areas of the ground, and the instructions of all stewards.
- To assist spectators, signage has been installed throughout the stadium, spectators should follow this signage when moving around the ground including when accessing any facilities. CHANGING OF ENDS OR POSITIONS THROUGHOUT THE MATCH IS PROHIBITED.
- Spectators are responsible for ensuring supervision of children in their care.
- The Club will notify all spectators via the PA system about the importance of Social Distancing and other appropriate measures in place at the stadium.
- The Club will remind all spectators via the PA system about the exiting procedures which have been circulated to all spectators prior to the match.
- Spectators are reminded to frequently use the hand sanitisers provided.
- Spectators are reminded that many people attending matches will be understandably nervous about attending events with people outside of their social households and bubbles. It is therefore important, in line with the RFL Respect and Enjoy the Game campaigns to be understanding of others by complying with all Codes of Conducts and guidance issued.
- Spectators wishing to report concerns about spectator behaviour should contact the following number (Phil Black, Ground Safety Officer on 07983 450620)
ILLNESS/SUSPECTED COVID-19 CASE
- Spectators who become ill whilst at the ground must, where possible, contact the following number [(Phil Black, Ground Safety Officer on 07983 450620) in order that the situation can be managed accordingly.
- Spectators who are displaying suspected Covid-19 symptoms will be taken to an isolation room contained within the ground.